1. How to Enter: Intel Corporation, (the “Sponsor”) is offering Intel® vPro™ Technology Innovation contest (the “Contest”) and will award prizes based on the results of judging all valid entries against the criteria established in these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”). To enter, fill out the official entry form located at http://vProinnovation.com (“entry form”), including a link to an original video (posted on a public site of the submitter’s choice) demonstrating an innovative application or usage of one or more Intel vPro™ capabilities between 12:00AM PDT July 21st 2010 and 11:59PM PDT August 20th 2010 (“contest period”).
2. Eligibility: Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and who have had internet access prior to 15 July 2010. All national and local laws and regulations apply. Contestants must be 18 years of age or older. Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of Intel Corporation, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and any company involved in the design, execution, production or judging of this promotion (“contest entities”) are ineligible. Void where prohibited.
3. Entry Requirements: The entry form must be completed in its entirety. The video must be posted on a publicly accessible site which does not require any identification or credential to access and must be accessible from submittal through 11:59PM PDT September 15th. Video must be no longer than 3 minutes in length and be of sufficient video quality to allow viewers to hear and see the information clearly. The video needs to include a demonstration and explanation of the innovative use of one or more of Intel’s differentiating vPro™ capabilities (“Intel vPro™ capabilities”) in virtualization, energy efficient performance, manageability, and/or security (using technologies such as AMT, VT, TXT, AT, and AESNI. See http://www.intelbusinesspctools.com) Please include how the Intel vPro™ capability is being used and why you feel this is an innovative solution. The video and the entry form must be in English to facilitate the judging process. More than one entry is acceptable.
All video submissions must be free from any third-party obligations including any third-party content, including but not limited to trademark, copyright or other IP. It is the entrant’s sole responsibility to secure properly executed and valid releases, including permissions from any individuals, companies, talent, property owner, or vendors whose image appears or voice is heard in the video submission. Failure to secure all necessary third-party permissions will render your entry ineligible. Intel may in its sole discretion ask an entrant to provide copies of all relevant releases. In addition, a video submission shall be void if it includes any endorsements or so-called “commercial tie-ins”, infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or if it contains any material which Sponsor in its sole discretion deems patently offensive or having explicit and gratuitous violence, nudity or sexual content which, might subject Intel to unfavorable regulatory action, violate any law, infringe the rights of any person, or may subject Intel to liability for any reason.
Intel may at its sole discretion ask an entrant to provide evidence of the functionality of the demonstration, including code, for the sole purpose of verifying Intel vPro™ features are being used in the video.
Videos which do not meet all of the requirements identified herein are ineligible.
4. Judging: Ongoing review of entries will occur during the contest period and final judging will be completed on or about August 30th, 2010 by a panel comprised of Intel vPro Engineers appointed by Intel Corporation. Judges will evaluate all eligible submissions on the following criteria: Degree to which Intel vPro™ capabilities are employed, uniqueness of the innovation, and breadth of applicability. Judges’ decisions are final. You may withdraw your submission at any time by notifying Sponsor. If a submission is withdrawn your right to win a prize is terminated.
5. Ownership and Publicity: Sponsor does not claim ownership of your video; but by submitting an entry, you are granting Sponsor and its affiliated companies the following worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid-up rights: (1) to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of the video, (2) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly through multiple tiers), license, offer to sell and sell, rent, lease, or lend copies of the video (and derivative works thereof), (3) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties, and (4) to publish your name or alias in connection with this contest and your video.
Contestants understand and agree that their submission may be posted and publicly viewable. By providing a submission, you grant Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name for promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing the contest. Sponsor, however, does not have any obligation to use the winning Entries for any purpose.
6. Participant Warrants: By submitting an entry you warrant that your submission:
· does not contain any content that infringes on any third party intellectual Property (IP) rights, and that you own or otherwise have all rights necessary for the submission including any and all IP rights
· does not disclose any information which would constitute a violation of a confidentiality obligation;
· does not contain any viruses, worms, spy ware, or other components or instructions that are malicious, deceptive, or designed to limit or harm the functionality of a computer; and
· is not subject to license terms that require any software or documentation incorporating or being derived from your contributions to be licensed to others.
7. Prizes: One prize will be awarded to the winner determined by the judging: The winner will be given an American Express Gift Card valued at $4000.00 (to accommodate travel expenses) and a full pass for 2010 Fall IDF in San Francisco from September 12th through September 16th 2010 valued at $995.00. Gift card will be fulfilled on or before Sept 5, 2010. Sponsor will not be responsible for booking any travel logistics. Sponsor at its sole discretion may also feature the winner’s innovation in the Intel vPro™ Technology Community for industry exposure and recognition. Limit of one prize per submission. Winner will be notified via e-mail at the address provided on the entry form within 2 days from judging. If after seven (7) days from notification no acknowledgement or response is received, the prize is forfeited and Sponsor will select another winner.
The winner may be required to complete an Eligibility Confirmation and a Liability/Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law). The Confirmation and the Release must be returned within ten (10) days of receipt of these documents. Non-compliance with any of these requirements may result in disqualification, in which case an alternate winner may be chosen.
Contest winners’ name will be available at http://vProinnovation.com and vPro expert center on or about October 14th, 2010. Honorable mention submittals may also be posted at this site at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Substitution or transfer of Prizes is not allowed, and Prizes may not be redeemed for cash. If a Prize becomes unavailable or is prohibited by law Sponsor may at its sole discretion award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The winner accepts responsibility for all federal, state and local taxes and fees in connection with the prizes.
Apart from prizes offered as part of the contest, no monetary compensation will be paid for any of your contest submissions. Intel is not responsible for contest entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions. Intel is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or any other persons or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest.
8. Sponsor’s Warranties and Disclaimers: Sponsor does not provide any warranty on the prize, and winner should look solely to manufacturer or company providing the actual service (including but not limited to the airline and hotel used in fulfillment of the prize) for warranty. To the fullest extent allowable by law, Sponsor specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the contest or the prizes including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
9. Release of Liability and Issues of Law: By participating, all entrants release Sponsor, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this promotion from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this promotion, acceptance or use of prizes. Entrants also agree that Sponsor, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this promotion are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the Contest, the submission and/or its prizes. Sponsor is not liable for damage to a user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant’s participation in the Contest or downloading of information in connection with the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Intel on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this contest or downloading any materials in this contest
All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE DELAWARE COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
Sponsor’s entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of prizes as set forth above. By participating in the contest, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
10. Generally: Sponsors may make changes to these rules at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the rules will be available at http://vProinnovation.com. Contributing to the contest or accepting prizes will constitute acceptance of the revised rules. These rules prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
If, for reasons beyond Sponsor’s control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the contest is not capable of running as originally planned, Intel, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest, without liability. Intel will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or illicit submissions, or for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, omissions malfunctions, and delays. Entries are void if they contain material typographical or other errors. All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest and any person who does not comply with these Rules, will be ineligible for any prize(s) and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
11. For any feedback or questions regarding the contest or the prizes you can contact Intel by participating in the contest discussion forum at http://vproinnovation.com.
12. The Sponsor of this contest is Intel Corporation. The contest is administered by:
Intel® Corporation/1900 Prairie City Rd., Folsom, Ca., 95630/916.356.7944 or firstname.lastname@example.org